Message from the Principal
Children must turn 5 by 30 April, 2020 to begin Foundation (first year of school) in 2020. The following supporting documentation must be provided with the completed Balwyn Primary School enrolment form (see right):
- A copy of the student’s birth certificate (if born in Australia);
- If the property is leased we require a copy of the official Victorian tenancy agreement and a copy of the electricity or gas account in the name of the parent. If the property is owned, a copy of the electricity or gas account in the name of the parent will need to be provided..
- A passport (if the student is born overseas) must be provided for sighting and copying as well as a copy of the student visa.
- An Immunisation History Statement from the Australian Immunisation Register. Please note that no other immunisation records can be accepted; and
- Any other medical/health documents eg. asthma or anaphylaxis plans.
Balwyn Primary School does not offer short term study placements.
Our school zone
Our school zone is available on findmyschool.vic.gov.au. Findmyschool.vic.gov.au hosts the most up-to-date information about Victorian school zones for 2020 onwards.
Students residing in this zone are guaranteed a place at our school, which is determined on the basis of your permanent residential address.
The Department provides guidance through the School Placement Policy to ensure that students have access to their designated neighbourhood school and the freedom to choose other schools, subject to facility limitations.
You can find more information and answers to frequently asked questions on the Department’s website under School zones.
Child Safe Standards
All job vacancies are advertised on Recruitment Online. Please copy the link below into your internet browser to access Recruitment Online: https://www.education.vic.gov.au/hrweb/careers/pages/advacssch.aspx