Message from the Principal
Balwyn Primary School is not able to offer short term study placements.
To enrol at Balwyn Primary School for 2023 you need to be living in our residential neighboruhod zone. If you are living in our zone please provide the following to the school:
- Completed 2023 Enrolment Form.
- Copy of child’s birth certificate or passport and visa if applicable.
- An Australian Immunisation Certificate.
We also require documents to verify your child’s permanent address. These documents must be in the name of the parent/carer:
- Lease agreement through a registered real estate agent or rental board bond receipt; or Exchanged Contract of Sale (if property is owned).
- Electricity or gas account showing the residential address.
- Driver’s Licence showing current home address.
2024 Foundation (Prep) Enrolments
The Department of Education and Training has released a new state-wide Prep enrolment timeline and this timeline advises families when and how to enrol their child into Prep at a Victorian government primary school.
The new timeline will apply for children starting Prep in 2024. All government primary schools will follow the new timeline in 2023 to support Prep enrolments for the 2024 school year.
You can find information and resources about the new timeline, including factsheets, at: Enrolling in Foundation (Prep). You can also download the ‘Prep Enrolment Information Pack for Parents/Carers for the 2024 school year’ from the Starting School webpage (available from 24th April 2023).
You will be able to apply to enrol your child in Prep 2024 at Balwyn Primary School from 24 April 2023.
What you need to do:
- Book a school tour (refer dates on our website)
- Download the Prep enrolment information pack from Enrolling in Foundation (Prep) (available from 24 April 2023)
- Submit an enrolment application for Prep by Friday 28 July 2023 (enrolment forms accepted from Term 2 onwards ie Monday 24 April)
- You will be notified of the outcome of your application by Friday 11 August 2023. If you receive an offer of placement, you should contact our school to accept the offer by Friday 25 August 2023
- Take part in enrolment information and transition sessions during Term 4, 2023
- Your child will start Prep from Tuesday 30 January 2024 (starting timeline TBC).
Enrolment applications submitted after 28 July 2023 will be processed by our school as they are received, in accordance with the department’s Placement Policy.
Our school zone
Our school zone is available on findmyschool.vic.gov.au which hosts the most up-to-date information on school zones in Victoria.
Students residing within our school zone are guaranteed a place at our school, which is determined on the basis of your permanent residential address.
Our school manages enrolments using the Placement Policy to ensure that students have access to their designated neighbourhood school and may enrol at another school, if there are available places.
For more information, you can:
- visit School zones for answers to frequently asked questions
- call the Victorian School Building Authority (VSBA) on 1800 896 950
- email the VSBA at email@example.com
Nurturing global citizens for personal success in an ever changing world. We strive to provide educational excellence through vibrant teaching and a challenging, innovative and relevant curriculum which enables students to become internationally minded, responsible and respectful lifelong learners. We aim to develop in our students a love of learning, strong communication skills, the ability to be creative and critical thinkers and to be socially connected and resilient. Our school values the whole child and strives to develop strong self-esteem, confidence and independence within a stimulating, supportive and collaborative learning environment. Student voice is valued and encouraged to shape and influence learning. We provide a developmental, differentiated curriculum with personalised learning within a multi-age structure. Our child centred approach acknowledges that children learn at different rates and have preferred learning styles. As a caring learning community we promote ‘norms’ based upon values that will frame attitudes, behaviours and responsibilities. Throughout the year, students participate in programs which practise human values, encourage a sense of personal responsibility and empower them to make conscious, considered choices. Students are supported to develop and apply their thinking in a productive, supportive and relevant learning context A technology rich environment supports student learning and our strong commitment to providing opportunities to enrich and enhance student learning is articulated through our Learning Enhancement program. The school highly values education as a partnership of children, staff, parents and the local community. Our motto “Aim High” and School Values underpin our philosophy and these values are embedded in our teaching and learning programs and are reinforced through our student negotiated norms. The values that form the basis for all our learning are: Responsibility, Respect, Integrity, Belonging and Empathy.
School Strategic Plan
Child Safe Standards
All job vacancies are advertised on Recruitment Online. Please copy the link below into your internet browser to access Recruitment Online: https://www.education.vic.gov.au/hrweb/careers/pages/advacssch.aspx